Quality Assurance & Compliance
This Department is headed by Rev. James Andrew Lablah. The Department of Quality Assurance & Compliance is entrusted with the responsibility to facilitate appropriate quality assurance processes within accredited tertiary institutions in Liberia. Accordingly, the Department ensures that quality of educational provision and academic standards are maintained and enhanced. Towards this end, the Framework for Quality Assurance and Compliance Agenda is as follows;
1. To assist higher educational institutions put in place their specific quality assurance systems;
2. Prepare the institutions to undertake their self-assessment;
3. Undertake external quality audit of the institutions; and
4. Carry out quality assessment exercises
5. Ensure that accredited tertiary institutions comply with applicable standards.
Functions of the Department: -
More specifically, the Department of Quality Assurance & Compliance shall ensure applicable standards are held by;
- Monitoring of all HEIs to keep track of their performance in terms of programs, conducive learning environment, facilities for students, students records of admissions and graduations, etc.;
- Facilitating the revision of curricula of higher institutions and make the necessary recommendations to the NCHE through the Director-General;
- Conducting regular assessment of HEIs to ensure compliance with higher education standards and policies set up by Government through the NCHE, in term of the availability of adequate facilities, libraries, laboratories qualified lecturer, etc.;
- Conducting data collection on higher education programs and institutions to enhance reliable information on the sector for use by the general public;
- Providing substantive technical advice and support to the Director-General on matters pertaining to programs of tertiary institutions;
- Reviewing and promoting the conditions and procedures for the improvement and inculcation of programs in the curricula of higher institutions that are relevant to the national development agenda of Liberia and
- Reviewing faculty listing of each HEIs once every year to ensure that qualified instructors are hired to lecture at the institutions.